Friday, March 10, 2006

10 March 2006 Friday

I promised a new post today to several people, so here goes. Many of you are asking how things are going and they are much much better. God continues to love on my family during this time in really specific ways. Emma is eating much better and has gained 8 oz. in 3 days. She had lost 13 oz. total from birth weight at one point, so this was great news! She smiled at Julz alot this morning which was also a wonderful gift. Emma is sleeping somewhere around 16-17 hours a day. With large stints at night that her parents are especially thankful for her graciousness! haha!

I mentioned in an earlier post that my grandfather came by to meet Emma so, here is a pic that I took of that. I love looking at this picture. He just sat there quietly staring at her. It was a special moment in my life that I will not soon forget. No doubt, he will be an even better great-grandfather than he has been a grandfather!


This is Emma after her first bath at home. However, this was well before the baby oil incident. If you haven't heard the story ask Emma one day. There are certainly some days that she has her doubts about her parents ability to be capable of caring for her! haha!




Our dear friend, Kristin, came down to represent her and her husband, Andrew, meeting Emma. They are dear friends of ours that we wish we could live closer together. Emma is really a pro at meeting new people already!





One more picture that I just couldn't resist. Emma has done a great job of finding her hands so far to comfort herself at times when her mom and dad aren't quick enough! She just absolutely melts my heart in this pic!

No comments: