Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Tuesday, June 13

Yes, Yes, I know....it's been WAY too long since we've updated our BLOG. Many of you have been asking us to for weeks (even months, I think)...Sorry! Even though I'm home for the summer, somehow I've still been having trouble finding the time. I actually got online one day to do it, and the BLOG website was "under construction," so I ended up checking email (another thing that I'm not good at doing on a regular basis).

Anyway, we have SO MANY new pictures!!!! There's no possible way to include them all today, so y'all will just have to look forward to the next post--which will hopefully come a lot quicker this time! :o)




Here's Emma at her 2 month check-up. This is Emma's Doc....she is wonderful--We love her!! She has a baby that just turned one recently, so we love knowing that all this "baby stuff" is new and fresh to her (vs. some doctors who's "babies" have babies of their own already, if you know what I mean).





Here's our good friend, Steene, who was being silly (as he often is), and wouldn't stop hiding behind Emma. Steene is such an awesome guy! He's been a great friend of Brett 's since before college. And he is always so encouraging to us....calling regularly and leaving the BEST messages on our answering machine. He is always full of encouraging words and shares specific ways that he has been praying for us. He is a blessing to us both!!


This was my "after Emma" baby shower that my Connally friends had for me at Ninfa's one Friday after school. They all pitched in and gave us a Target gift card together. We have used it MANY times already, and we'll be able use it MANY more times in the future! They were all so generous, and we are really grateful!! It really blessed us a lot! I'm really going to miss my friends at Connally. I know I'll be able to visit and see them here and there, but it just won't be the same as getting to spend time with them on a daily basis! I've really enjoyed my time there!!



As many of you know, I'm changing schools next year. It's always so hard to start all over at a new place, but at the same time I'm really excited about a lot of different things! The BEST part about this change is that I'm going to get to spend a lot more time with Emma during the day. I got a job at Waco Baptist Academy as a half day kindergarten teacher. I'll have students from 8:00-noon. Then I can go home and be with Emma!! There's tons of other neat little things about this new job too....
  • I can now get to my school in under a minute, literally (instead of the 40 minutes I spent before getting to and from school).
  • I will have approx. 8 students instead of 22.
  • We are expected to teach Bible lessons in class, help students memorize scripture, and pray daily with them. I am so excited about this part!!!
  • A friend of mine from Connally, D, will be right across the hall from me teaching 1st grade.
....just to name a few. :o)




Here's my good friend Julie Turner (my roommate all through college). She came to meet Emma about a month ago or so....She was a natural at "this baby thing." She knew exactly what to do to keep Emma happy.
Julz is another one of those people in my life that is so encouraging. Everytime we talk, I always hang up the phone feeling so loved and uplifted!







Here's some random pictures of our sweet Emma Joy!!!






















































Well, I'm calling it quits for tonight. I have lots more I want to share with y'all, but I'll have to save it for another time because it's late and I'm tired. Goodnight! :o)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is kinda random, but I just wanted to let everyone know that I have a new email address (since I'm no longer at Connally, I had to change it). I'll try to send out an email to everyone as well, but here it is while I'm thinking about it.
jspivey03@hotmail.com

2 comments:

Meg said...

She's beautiful! You're looking great too. Now we just need to see some pics of Brett.

Ashley said...

I love that last pic of emma!