Emma had a fun 1st birthday! We hung a few balloons here and there, got a birthday cake, and had our family over for fajitas to celebrate. We had a good time and so did baby girl. I cut her a big piece of cake and we all watched to see what she'd do. Slowly and very carefully she proceeded to pick the little sprinkles off one at a time. I finally just mushed her hand into the top of the cake and then it got interesting. We had a lot of good laughs. Here's a few pics from Emma's birthday.
House Update:
I told you about a house in the previous post....well, the deal fell through. Bottom line - the inspection came back and it needed a new roof, but the guy wouldn't come down at all on the price. We were pretty disappointed at first, but it's been kinda fun (and stressful and discouraging at the same time) to go "house shopping." We've actually found "the house of our dreams" except it would truly be an act of God for us to get this house. We're just praying that God would do something really cool in this whole deal. :o) Anyway, I'll keep you posted...
Arm Update:
My arm is doing great. I still cannot straighten my elbow all the way and it still hurts a little if I try and do something stupid (like pick up a suitcase or something), but overall I'm pretty much back to normal. I have a doctor appt. on April 2nd and he'll take some more x-rays to make sure the bone is healing correctly.
Boston Update:
I told you that we were heading to Boston over Spring Break with a group from our church. We went with our friends TJ and Laura (& their 3 month old baby, Haley), Kirsten, and Jeremy and Chelsea. Our friends Andrew and Kristin moved to Boston in January and we got to hang out with them a lot while we were there. Here's a picture of our whole group (and Kristin & Andrew too).
We had a day or so of really nice weather, then it turned super cold. Actually, it snowed all day long one day....we hear it was their worst snow storm this year. We loved it! It was fun to bundle Emma all up in her scarf, mittens, hat, etc. Emma was such a trooper. Brett carried her most of the time in a baby carrier backpack. She went most days without any nap at all. And when she did get it a nap, it looked something like this.......
Kristin and Andrew helped give the team a glimpse of what it was like to live in Boston. They have the coolest little apartment there (and Kristin has it decorated so cute!) We all had fun riding the T everywhere (subway). It's so strange not to just hop in the car to go somewhere. You have to really make plans and think ahead to do anything there. Just running to the mall or to go eat takes a while because you have to figure out which subway route to go...and you do lots of walking, which was great! My friend Kristin and I got some good hangout time. She took me to a cool little tea place, where Emma let us chat for a while and catch up on life. It was fun!

Our day of traveling home was pretty rough. About 5 or 10 minutes or so before boarding, they made an announcement that there was a mechanical problem and they would have to use a different plane. They gave everyone meal vouchers, so we got to eat for free and just play cards and hang out in the airport. Baby girl was so tired and getting very restless. We were doing anything to keep her entertained. Here she is carrying her bottle bag around and making friends with everyone around her....
Five hours later, we boarded the plane. Then they made an announcment that there was something wrong with one of the wheels on the plane, so we had to wait some more. And there was even an intoxicated woman on the plane that they had to remove. It was crazy! With all those delays, we had a very unhappy baby. I'm sure the passengers around us were not liking us too much. Once we actually took off, she finally fell asleep. Then things got a little better. We got home at 1:45 A.M. and were all fast asleep by 2:00! Work the next morning was not so fun, but we went to bed super early that night and are slowly recovering from the exahaustion of the trip. Traveling with a one year old WORE US OUT!! It's good to be home and back to "normal" life (whatever that means!) Here's a few more pics from our Boston trip:
School Update:
Biology class at MCC.....Learning lots and loving it!! I'll start classes full time in the summer, hopefully.
Kindergarten class at WBA.....I love my kiddos! This has been a great year!!!! I'm so grateful for this job and happy that my last year of teaching will have memories from this wonderful school.
Did you know there's only 46 days left until school lets out? Yea!!!!!!!! Jennifer, are you proud of me...I'm counting down!! I'm ready for summer!! :o)
On a side note....
I cut my hair!! :o) Short again. I love it! No pics yet, sorry. I had been growing it out to do the "locks of love" thing but I didn't quite make it. I thought I needed 8 inches to do it, but found out it was actually a minimum of 10!! Crazy! I had already made up my mind and gotten excited about cutting my hair so I just ended up cutting it anyway. I only ended up having 7 inches to cut off, so I still had a ways to go anyway. I feel kinda bad about "wasting" those 7 inches. Oh well....it's just a big vicious cycle anyway. You grow it out, and then decide you like it short instead. Then you cut it and decide to grow it out again. Maybe next time! :o)


I told you about a house in the previous post....well, the deal fell through. Bottom line - the inspection came back and it needed a new roof, but the guy wouldn't come down at all on the price. We were pretty disappointed at first, but it's been kinda fun (and stressful and discouraging at the same time) to go "house shopping." We've actually found "the house of our dreams" except it would truly be an act of God for us to get this house. We're just praying that God would do something really cool in this whole deal. :o) Anyway, I'll keep you posted...
Arm Update:
My arm is doing great. I still cannot straighten my elbow all the way and it still hurts a little if I try and do something stupid (like pick up a suitcase or something), but overall I'm pretty much back to normal. I have a doctor appt. on April 2nd and he'll take some more x-rays to make sure the bone is healing correctly.
*** JUST FYI: FOR SOME REASON MOST OF THE BOSTON PICS ARE REALLY BLURY....BUT IF YOU CLICK ON THEM TO ENLARGE THEM, THEN THEY'RE CLEARER. ***
Boston Update:
I told you that we were heading to Boston over Spring Break with a group from our church. We went with our friends TJ and Laura (& their 3 month old baby, Haley), Kirsten, and Jeremy and Chelsea. Our friends Andrew and Kristin moved to Boston in January and we got to hang out with them a lot while we were there. Here's a picture of our whole group (and Kristin & Andrew too).
We had a day or so of really nice weather, then it turned super cold. Actually, it snowed all day long one day....we hear it was their worst snow storm this year. We loved it! It was fun to bundle Emma all up in her scarf, mittens, hat, etc. Emma was such a trooper. Brett carried her most of the time in a baby carrier backpack. She went most days without any nap at all. And when she did get it a nap, it looked something like this.......
Kristin and Andrew helped give the team a glimpse of what it was like to live in Boston. They have the coolest little apartment there (and Kristin has it decorated so cute!) We all had fun riding the T everywhere (subway). It's so strange not to just hop in the car to go somewhere. You have to really make plans and think ahead to do anything there. Just running to the mall or to go eat takes a while because you have to figure out which subway route to go...and you do lots of walking, which was great! My friend Kristin and I got some good hangout time. She took me to a cool little tea place, where Emma let us chat for a while and catch up on life. It was fun!

Our day of traveling home was pretty rough. About 5 or 10 minutes or so before boarding, they made an announcement that there was a mechanical problem and they would have to use a different plane. They gave everyone meal vouchers, so we got to eat for free and just play cards and hang out in the airport. Baby girl was so tired and getting very restless. We were doing anything to keep her entertained. Here she is carrying her bottle bag around and making friends with everyone around her....
Five hours later, we boarded the plane. Then they made an announcment that there was something wrong with one of the wheels on the plane, so we had to wait some more. And there was even an intoxicated woman on the plane that they had to remove. It was crazy! With all those delays, we had a very unhappy baby. I'm sure the passengers around us were not liking us too much. Once we actually took off, she finally fell asleep. Then things got a little better. We got home at 1:45 A.M. and were all fast asleep by 2:00! Work the next morning was not so fun, but we went to bed super early that night and are slowly recovering from the exahaustion of the trip. Traveling with a one year old WORE US OUT!! It's good to be home and back to "normal" life (whatever that means!) Here's a few more pics from our Boston trip:
School Update:
Biology class at MCC.....Learning lots and loving it!! I'll start classes full time in the summer, hopefully.
Kindergarten class at WBA.....I love my kiddos! This has been a great year!!!! I'm so grateful for this job and happy that my last year of teaching will have memories from this wonderful school.
Did you know there's only 46 days left until school lets out? Yea!!!!!!!! Jennifer, are you proud of me...I'm counting down!! I'm ready for summer!! :o)
On a side note....
I cut my hair!! :o) Short again. I love it! No pics yet, sorry. I had been growing it out to do the "locks of love" thing but I didn't quite make it. I thought I needed 8 inches to do it, but found out it was actually a minimum of 10!! Crazy! I had already made up my mind and gotten excited about cutting my hair so I just ended up cutting it anyway. I only ended up having 7 inches to cut off, so I still had a ways to go anyway. I feel kinda bad about "wasting" those 7 inches. Oh well....it's just a big vicious cycle anyway. You grow it out, and then decide you like it short instead. Then you cut it and decide to grow it out again. Maybe next time! :o)





3 comments:
Yes Jules, I'm proud of you and miss you terribly. Boston pics looks like fun and I'm so excited about your new life adventure. You will make an awesome nurse. Sorry don't call much, busy life w/ K&K's social/sport schedule. Take care,
Love,
Jenn
What a beautiful family brother Brett! Good night... we have to get our kids together for a "play day". This trip to Boston looks like it was a blast. Keep the articles coming!
You need a new update! I request more Spiveys :)
Post a Comment