PACKING, Packing, packing!!!!! 32 boxes and counting! When I look at all the boxes, I think "WOW!! I think we're doing alright!!" Then I step outside "the box room" and see everything else that still needs to be packed. We did clear out quite a bit of stuff at our garage sale this last weekend, but there's still so much STUFF left to pack!! Overwhelming! That's the only word to describe this thing called "moving."
Our "Box Room"

As with so many other things (blogging, chores around the house, checking email/facebook, etc.), I only have a certain amount of time each day that I can spend packing (namely Emma's nap time, when she's at PDO, or after she's in bed for the night). It will all get done, I know. I'm just trying to stay on top of things so that we can actually get some sleep the night before we hit the road.
By the way, we'll be leaving 7am (ish) on Friday, November 2nd. We're hoping to have EVERYTHING packed in the moving van by Thursday night. We'll be sleeping in our sleeping bags in Emma's room (the only carpeted room in our house), and Emma will be in the pack'n'play in our room. The next morning we'll load up and head to Wichita...hoping to grab one last authentic breakfast taco from our favorite hole-in-the-wall restaurant before starting the 6+ hour drive....we're already missing Mexican food!!!
This next week will be our last Sunday at Brazos Meadows (as members, anyway). We're so sad!! I had no idea how hard this would be. We've both shed a lot of tears already. This Sunday will be especially emotional, I'm sure. Not only is it our last Sunday, but we will see our family for the last time on Sunday. They're all coming in town that night because Brett will be getting ordained that evening. Then the church will be having a farewell reception for us. It will be an emotional kind of day, I'm sure!
COOL STORY:
Okay, so some of you already know about this, but here's the story for those of you we have not had a chance to tell...
Common question people are asking us right now..."Do y'all have a place to stay once you get up there?" YES!! We have been offered the opportunity to house-sit for a family that will be in the Netherlands for 4 months. We're so excited and grateful!! We really see this as a blessing, the Lord's provision, and confirmation. This will give us 4 months to find the right house and learn what part of the city we want to live in. Plus, the family we're house-sitting for is not even allowing us to pay any bills while we stay there! What a blessing to be able to save up a little bit as we enter into this support-raise position!! We totally see this as a gift from Him!
The tricky part....
1.) packing/labeling some things in such a way that we won't see them again until we get into our own house in 4 months
AND
2.) trying to think ahead and pack separately all the things we DO need for the next 4 months.
I'm wondering if I'm going to be tempted to have another garage sale as soon as we move into our new place....opening up all these boxes and thinking...."hmmm, I haven't seen all these things in 4 months, and I didn't even really miss them or remember them."
At the same time, I can really picture how good it will feel to unpack all of our stuff after not seeing it for so long.....I bet it will really make us feel more "at home," if that make any sense.
I guess we'll see! :o)
Sorry about not having any Emma pics....I haven't been so good about picking up the camera lately. I'll try to post some soon.
Love you all!!
Our "Box Room"
As with so many other things (blogging, chores around the house, checking email/facebook, etc.), I only have a certain amount of time each day that I can spend packing (namely Emma's nap time, when she's at PDO, or after she's in bed for the night). It will all get done, I know. I'm just trying to stay on top of things so that we can actually get some sleep the night before we hit the road.
By the way, we'll be leaving 7am (ish) on Friday, November 2nd. We're hoping to have EVERYTHING packed in the moving van by Thursday night. We'll be sleeping in our sleeping bags in Emma's room (the only carpeted room in our house), and Emma will be in the pack'n'play in our room. The next morning we'll load up and head to Wichita...hoping to grab one last authentic breakfast taco from our favorite hole-in-the-wall restaurant before starting the 6+ hour drive....we're already missing Mexican food!!!
This next week will be our last Sunday at Brazos Meadows (as members, anyway). We're so sad!! I had no idea how hard this would be. We've both shed a lot of tears already. This Sunday will be especially emotional, I'm sure. Not only is it our last Sunday, but we will see our family for the last time on Sunday. They're all coming in town that night because Brett will be getting ordained that evening. Then the church will be having a farewell reception for us. It will be an emotional kind of day, I'm sure!
COOL STORY:
Okay, so some of you already know about this, but here's the story for those of you we have not had a chance to tell...
Common question people are asking us right now..."Do y'all have a place to stay once you get up there?" YES!! We have been offered the opportunity to house-sit for a family that will be in the Netherlands for 4 months. We're so excited and grateful!! We really see this as a blessing, the Lord's provision, and confirmation. This will give us 4 months to find the right house and learn what part of the city we want to live in. Plus, the family we're house-sitting for is not even allowing us to pay any bills while we stay there! What a blessing to be able to save up a little bit as we enter into this support-raise position!! We totally see this as a gift from Him!
The tricky part....
1.) packing/labeling some things in such a way that we won't see them again until we get into our own house in 4 months
AND
2.) trying to think ahead and pack separately all the things we DO need for the next 4 months.
I'm wondering if I'm going to be tempted to have another garage sale as soon as we move into our new place....opening up all these boxes and thinking...."hmmm, I haven't seen all these things in 4 months, and I didn't even really miss them or remember them."
At the same time, I can really picture how good it will feel to unpack all of our stuff after not seeing it for so long.....I bet it will really make us feel more "at home," if that make any sense.
I guess we'll see! :o)
Sorry about not having any Emma pics....I haven't been so good about picking up the camera lately. I'll try to post some soon.
Love you all!!
2 comments:
packing, you gotta love it. i remember when we did the boxes thing. i was either really emotional or super task focused. love you guys. i am praying for enjoyment and special times during your last days in waco. may you be fully there. love you!
Julie,
Wishing you peace in your heart and mind on this incredible new journey you and your family are about to take. Best wishes! You will be in our thoughts and prayers in Texas.
Lots of Love.
Michelle Linnnekugel
Post a Comment