Saturday, November 17, 2007

Hey there everyone! Well, we're here! The past 2 weeks here in Wichita have been SUPER BUSY for us...and the 2 weeks (or month) before that were even CRAZIER!! I feel like the last 2 months have been so full, emotional, and hectic that they're almost a BLUR! Moving is NOT fun and NOT easy!!!

I wish that I could report that we are all settled in and calling Wichita home already, but not so much! The day before we left Waco, Brett found out that plans had changed (again) for the family that we were supposed to house-sit for. Now, they will not be leaving for the Netherlands until January. We decided that an overlap of 2 months with this family, plus the 4 months of house-sitting (total of 6 months in someone else's house), was a bit too long for us. We believe God has asked us to be here for now, and we are ready to start being able to call this home. The sooner we get into our own place, the sooner we'll be able to feel like this is home (hopefully). So we immediately began house-hunting once we got here. We have found a house that we're super excited about. We've made an offer and then they counter-offered (it's gone back and forth so far about 4 times). We're hoping to have a closing date of December 15 or sooner. We're desperately wanting to see a light at the end of the tunnel (which probably won't come until after Christmas). So far, there's been ZERO routines or "NORMAL DAYS." And believe me, we're really ready for that!

Emma sure is having fun playing with all the kiddos around her! The family we're living with has 3 kids (2 boys and a girl). We've also spent lots of time with some of our friend's children...Hudson and Hannah (twin 3 year olds), and Zoe (about 2 months old). Plus she gets to play in the nursery at church and at the Y. It's been fun for her!

Here's a few random things I wanted to share:
  • We'll be sending out a newsletter after Thanksgiving with more details about our time in Wichita so far (and I'll hopefully be able to include our new address in it so that we won't have to use someone else's address for Christmas cards!!)
  • For now, we've decided to stay with AT&T and keep our same phone numbers (at some point our #s will change, but not as soon as we expected). Also, we have no intentions of ever changing our email addresses, so hopefully that will always be a good way to contact us...of course, Brett's better at checking email than me :o)
  • The camera dock got put in storage so this blog (and probably any posts thru December) will not have pictures. It stinks because I have several that I'd like to share! Oh well!

I'll try to blog again sometime in the next month, but no promises! With the holidays approaching, life can only get crazier, right? :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we had the Thanksgiving banquest tonight and we sure did miss yall!! we sat with the sosebees and we're going to go back to their small group - me & Melissa miss you lots Julie!! not you though, Brett - jk :)
-Laura

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie,
Glad to hear that ya'll made it okay. I hope the house thing goes well. I'm sure Emma is enjoying playing with all the kiddos around. Take care and know that I miss you.
Love, Jennifer