Friday, January 11, 2008

Hmmm....yep, it's been a while. Sorry 'bout that! :o)

Brett's last post says it all...we are so grateful for our new home!!!! God is so amazing! After nearly a month of being in our new home, we still are so amazed and grateful that this is the house God gave us.
I want to share some pics of our new home, but I'm only going to do a little at a time. Unpacking and getting settled in is such a long process, so I'll only show pictures of rooms that are completed (with the exception of the wallpaper...every single wall upstairs is covered in wallpaper, which we will eventually paint. So just TRY to ignore all the wallpaper in the pics).

HOUSE PICTURES:
(P.S. You can see a whole lot more detail if you click on the pictures to enlarge them)

Move-in day!! There was lots of snow that day (between 6-8 inches, I think), but thankfully we had lots of help so it went fairly fast. (It's hard to get a good shot of the house b/c of that huge tree.)


Our kitchen!! I LOVE IT!! It had a new sink & faucet, new stove top/oven, new dishwasher, and new countertops. I also now have a PANTRY!! Woohoo!!! And the most exciting part...all of my "kitchen stuff" actually fits IN the kitchen!!! Cool, huh?!? Now I don't have to store half my stuff in closets. I am loving cooking in my new kitchen! The wallpaper border around the top will be painted a real pretty green color, and then I plan on painting a scripture in a chocolate brown color all the way around. I can't wait!


Here's our bedroom. It will be painted someday too, instead of wallpaper (pale yellow with white trim). For now, we're just thankful to be in our own bed again! And we have a master bathroom too! We went from a 1 bathroom house to a 2 1/2 bathroom house (and we have long-term plans of turning the 1/2 bath, which is down in the basement, into a full bath). SOMEDAY!! When we have time & money! You understand, right?! :o)

CHRISTMAS PICTURES:

Aunt Carrie gave Emma the cutest tutu. She LOVES it!!!
Emma loves wearing Uncle Sloan's cowboy hat!


Emma loves her Nana!!



One last picture for today. Here's our little snow bunny. This was taken in Colorado Springs after Christmas. Brett & Kyle had to go to a conference in Denver, so Carly, Zoe, Emma, and I hung out together at the Walter's home. It was lots of fun!

More soon!

4 comments:

Sharee Forman said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah!! I've been waiting for this post!! I'm so happy for you guys! You're house is precious and I can't believe how "homey" you already have it. Looks awesome. And, I feel you're pain, gotta LOVE wallpaper! :) We once had it all over too. Glad you guys had a good Christmas, let's catch up soon so I can hear all about it. Love you!!

Anonymous said...

The house is so cute!!! I am so happy for you. I'm sure Emma is loving the snow. Glad ya'll had a good a Christmas in your new home we spend Christmas at Disneyworld and loved it. Take care and I miss you.
Love, Jennifer

Kelly said...

Hey, wow, I love your house! and I too love your kitchen. So neat to have a place of your own, it's fun decorating and getting it like you want it. It's neat how God blessed yall and gave this one to yall.
Kelly

Kristin said...

Love it Julz! Your home feels warm and welcoming even through pics. I am so happy for you friend! ps- I got the CDs in the mail...thanks.