Hey there! Guess it's time for another Spivey update....I've been really looking forward to sharing a few pics and telling a few stories on Emma.
But first, I wanted to share pics of one more room in our new house. Not sure what to call this room, exactly. We tend to call it "the office," but it's more like "the catch-all" room. It has all of Brett's music & sports stuff, all of our photo albums & picture stuff, and all of my sewing, hobby, misc stuff. It's awesome to have a room that all this can go in. In Waco, all this stuff was spread out all over the house, garage, my classroom, storage, etc. We're loving it! It's hard to get a good picture, so I took 3 different shots of it. Notice the 2 different ceiling heights....it's kinda weird for a guest room, but perfect for "the office."
But first, I wanted to share pics of one more room in our new house. Not sure what to call this room, exactly. We tend to call it "the office," but it's more like "the catch-all" room. It has all of Brett's music & sports stuff, all of our photo albums & picture stuff, and all of my sewing, hobby, misc stuff. It's awesome to have a room that all this can go in. In Waco, all this stuff was spread out all over the house, garage, my classroom, storage, etc. We're loving it! It's hard to get a good picture, so I took 3 different shots of it. Notice the 2 different ceiling heights....it's kinda weird for a guest room, but perfect for "the office."
and my favorite part about this room.....check out all of my organized & labeled drawers!! I am, and probably always will be, unfortunately....A PACK RAT!!! But at least I'm an organized pack rat, right?!?! :o)
Here's our sweet baby girl (who's not really a baby any more....turns 2 on Sunday, March 2nd--WOW!!) She loves trying to wear our shoes, clothes, gloves, whatever she can manage to find....it's just a tad too big though, what do you think? :o)
Emma loves having her friends, Hudson & Hannah, over to play. We've enjoyed living right down the street from Rusty & Lesli and are really thankful that our kids are having so much fun together!! (PS-notice how Emma is wearing Hudson's boots....apparently she likes to wear everyone else's stuff except her own!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My parents came to visit us a couple of weeks ago...to see the house, Wichita, meet friends, etc. and also to celebrate Emma and I's birthdays. We had a really good time with them! The girls had a fun time shopping on Saturday afternoon, while the boys worked on a couple projects around the house....but don't worry, they were still able to squeeze in a Saturday nap too! :o) I was really sad to see them leave!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Then the next weekend, Brett's dad, mom, and sister came to see us (same thing....to see the house, Wichita, celebrate birthdays, etc.) We had a great visit with them as well! It even snowed a bit that weekend, which made it extra fun.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, yeah....Emma has quite the ouchie on her nose this week (you may have noticed it in the picture above with Brett's family). Last Friday, she had her THIRD tumble down the stairs, and this time...a carpet burn to prove it! She did cry a bit when she fell, but do you know why she was the MOST upset?!?!?? Because her Elmo paper got torn on the way down!!! It was traumatic, let me tell you! Even with tape on it, she was just so distraught..."ELMO BOKEN!!" Crazy girl!! I'm so grateful that nothing ELSE was "boken"......you know, like BONES!!!!
All joking aside, that fall gave me a real good scare! I saw it as it was happening and immediately started crying & praying b/c I thought there was no possible way that she'd be okay from a fall that bad. I'm told that she will learn & that this event might even help her remember to be more careful, but so far I still haven't been able to let go of her hand as we come downstairs.
By the way, take a good look at that face above....this is the face that she now makes when I say, "Emma, SMILE!!" What a stinker, huh?! :O) Oh, but she is sooooooo cute!!! I wish there was a way to share, or at least record, all the joys I receive on a daily basis! She is AMAZING!! Who knew that being a mommy would be so wonderful!?!!?! (okay, I know, LOTS of people knew.....but it's truly one of those things you just have to experience for yourself to really understand!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Regardless of what our day is going like, she can ALWAYS bring a smile to my face!! I have a few stories I'd like to share of things Emma has done lately.
All joking aside, that fall gave me a real good scare! I saw it as it was happening and immediately started crying & praying b/c I thought there was no possible way that she'd be okay from a fall that bad. I'm told that she will learn & that this event might even help her remember to be more careful, but so far I still haven't been able to let go of her hand as we come downstairs.
By the way, take a good look at that face above....this is the face that she now makes when I say, "Emma, SMILE!!" What a stinker, huh?! :O) Oh, but she is sooooooo cute!!! I wish there was a way to share, or at least record, all the joys I receive on a daily basis! She is AMAZING!! Who knew that being a mommy would be so wonderful!?!!?! (okay, I know, LOTS of people knew.....but it's truly one of those things you just have to experience for yourself to really understand!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Regardless of what our day is going like, she can ALWAYS bring a smile to my face!! I have a few stories I'd like to share of things Emma has done lately.
- As I was cooking the other day and Emma was sitting at her little table eating, I heard her making a funny sound so I looked over to see what she was doing. She was feeding herself...airplane style (food flying around on her spoon before landing in her mouth). I could have watched that for hours....
- Every night before bed, I read Emma a few books. One night last week, we were reading "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" by Eric Carle, and I noticed that she was doing something funny every time I turned a new page. She was sticking her finger "into" the animals' mouths and then pulling her finger back real fast, whispering "ouchie" (then just sitting there like normal until I turned to the next page where she'd do it again). Where she learned that an animal can bite your finger, I don't know....I don't remember ever teaching her that, but I'm glad she knows! She's like her daddy though...she learns quick, soaks up new stuff like a sponge!
- Today, on the way to meet Brett for lunch, I was watching Emma in the rear-view mirror. She did 2 separate things dealing with "ouchies." First, she was softly rubbing her doggy's head and saying "ouchie." Then she kissed the spot on his head and rubbed it some more! And 2nd, evidently doggy had an ouchie on his nose too, because she was rubbing the medicine off of her nose (onto her finger) and then putting it onto doggy's nose, while whispering "ouchie" again. So sweet!!
I guess "ouchie" has kinda been the buzz word around our house lately. I know there's plenty more stories that don't include ouchies, but I'm kinda drawing a blank for now. I'll have to start keeping a list of random stories to tell on Emma.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As far as life here in Wichita, things are going great! We're really happy and this is feeling more and more like home as time goes by. We both love our church and small groups. I couldn't have asked for a sweeter group of girls! My small group has done a wonderful job of making me feel a part of the group so fast. We have a lot of fun together!
Projects around the house are definitely slowing down. We've pretty much just got all the biggies left to do (painting, adding a wall, finishing a bathroom, etc). We'll hopefully paint in the spring/summer months, and then all the other projects will just be "as we have time/money" type things (long-term projects).
Emma and I have been consistent going to the Y for the most part. I've gotten to the point where I really do enjoy working out and miss it when I don't go. I have lost a little weight so far, but still have a bit to go.....my goal is to try to lose about 15 total before my next pregnancy (I'm not quite halfway yet). Hopefully, this next time around, I won't gain so much weight. Overall, Brett and I are just trying to live healthier lifestyles. We're eating smaller portions and more fruits/veggies (and exercising too)....something that we should be doing anyway. It feels good!
Our church sponsors a city-wide 10K each year. Yeah, I'm no where close to being able to run that, don't get excited!! BUT, they also have a 2 mile run and a 2 mile walk that day. I had originally thought I might try the 2 mile run, but so far I don't know if I'll make it. I have never been much of a jogger....but I'm trying! Our small group was talking today about pushing strollers and doing the walk together. I would enjoy that time with them. I'm not sure what I'll end up doing, but for now, I'm just gonna keep on training! (I know some of my joggin' type friends--I won't name any names, Beth,Pasha, Kristin, Melissa--are thinking..."Training?!?!? Who needs to train for a two mile?? That's nothing!" I've always admired you-joggin'-type! :o) Maybe someday I'll aspire to do the 10K. :o)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, that's enough rambling for one day. Thanks for staying interested in our lives. We love each of you and miss you greatly!! By the way, that offer still stands.....there's a guest room with YOUR name on it!! We'd love to have you come visit anytime!! SERIOUSLY!! :o)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As far as life here in Wichita, things are going great! We're really happy and this is feeling more and more like home as time goes by. We both love our church and small groups. I couldn't have asked for a sweeter group of girls! My small group has done a wonderful job of making me feel a part of the group so fast. We have a lot of fun together!
Projects around the house are definitely slowing down. We've pretty much just got all the biggies left to do (painting, adding a wall, finishing a bathroom, etc). We'll hopefully paint in the spring/summer months, and then all the other projects will just be "as we have time/money" type things (long-term projects).
Emma and I have been consistent going to the Y for the most part. I've gotten to the point where I really do enjoy working out and miss it when I don't go. I have lost a little weight so far, but still have a bit to go.....my goal is to try to lose about 15 total before my next pregnancy (I'm not quite halfway yet). Hopefully, this next time around, I won't gain so much weight. Overall, Brett and I are just trying to live healthier lifestyles. We're eating smaller portions and more fruits/veggies (and exercising too)....something that we should be doing anyway. It feels good!
Our church sponsors a city-wide 10K each year. Yeah, I'm no where close to being able to run that, don't get excited!! BUT, they also have a 2 mile run and a 2 mile walk that day. I had originally thought I might try the 2 mile run, but so far I don't know if I'll make it. I have never been much of a jogger....but I'm trying! Our small group was talking today about pushing strollers and doing the walk together. I would enjoy that time with them. I'm not sure what I'll end up doing, but for now, I'm just gonna keep on training! (I know some of my joggin' type friends--I won't name any names, Beth,Pasha, Kristin, Melissa--are thinking..."Training?!?!? Who needs to train for a two mile?? That's nothing!" I've always admired you-joggin'-type! :o) Maybe someday I'll aspire to do the 10K. :o)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, that's enough rambling for one day. Thanks for staying interested in our lives. We love each of you and miss you greatly!! By the way, that offer still stands.....there's a guest room with YOUR name on it!! We'd love to have you come visit anytime!! SERIOUSLY!! :o)
4 comments:
Julie,
Hey, I'm so glad yall are liking it there. Your house is so cute...and Emma is getting BIG...can't believe she's almost 2yrs. It goes so fast. Hannah is almost 2.5yrs and Caleb is 7.5months....they grow so fast. Thanks for updating. Keep in touch.
Kelly
I would love to have an extra room like that! Looks great. Hope Emma's nose if feeling better. ~Carolyn
I'm so proud of you for working out and sticking with it!! There's no shame in training even for a 2 mile...you're out there girl and that's better than most. :) I've been trying to get back in the groove myself. You're just even more inspiration. love you.
I love your Emma stories! She is super cute. I also love your house - congrats!! Kansas weather is exactly like Colorado weather - indecisive. Love you guys!
p.s. thanks for putting a link to my blog on your site. Too bad I haven't written anything in forever!
Post a Comment