We had a check-up last week (at 10 weeks), and we heard the heart beat!!!! :O) I LOVE my new doctor!! She reminds me so much of Dr. Micus who was my doctor in Waco and delivered Emma. I'm soooooooooo glad we made the decision to change doctors!! Anyway, the doctor found the heart beat right away, like within seconds!! (unlike at the other doctor's office where they kept rolling the doppler ALL around saying "we should be able to hear a heart beat by now..." NOT something you should say to someone who has miscarried, but anyway.....)
I'll be 11 weeks on Wednesday.....glad to be past that point in which I miscarried last time!!! When I was pregnant with Emma, I was sick all thru my first trimester (like nauseous ALL day....wishing I could throw up just so I'd feel better for a little while....never actually could though). Anyway, it's been the same story this time around except I have a 2.5 year old and don't have the luxury of just resting whenever I feel yucky. Most of the time, I just have to suck it up and keep on keeping on.... So, I'm hoping that this whole "morning sickness" thing will be over in another week! :o)
Since the monkey that was on my back has now decided to play on the floor beside me, I thought I'd type a bit longer. Random info for ya'.....There's definitely been some food cravings this time around....pickles, bread with nothing on it, lettuce, sugary cereals (cinnamon toast crunch, lucky charms, frosted flakes, trix, apple jacks, etc......I've only given in to a few of the sugary cereals though! :o) I'm hoping with all this snacking that I've been doing lately to avoid an empty stomach, that I'm not starting off this pregnancy gaining too much weight (especially since I haven't felt much up for working out lately, UGH!!) Hoping to start that back up ASAP!!!
I'd like to know what are some of the cravings you've experienced.....please, do share!! :o)
Well, Emma says I've spent long enough on the computer....guess it's time to quit. Next time I'll be sure to post some pics....
6 comments:
Hey Julie! I never had any really WEIRD cravings, but when I was pregnant with Emilee I wanted fried chicken ALL THE TIME! I worked at a bank in Whitney and there was a restaurant owner who knew about my cravings and brought some to me almost every day, but the only kind that would curb my cravings was Church's...and I usually do not like Church's!!! With Natalee, it was brownies, and it did not matter what kind! Also, I started drinking Cokes and eating Thousand Island dressing instead of my usual tea and ranch dressing. But I never had any kind of nausea with either of my kids, only high blood pressure with Emilee and 3 months of contractions and chronic dehydration with Natalee, and both times Dr. Beaird put me on bedrest for the last 4 months of the pregnancies.
Hi Julie! I am so glad you love your new doctor. It's so important to trust and really like your baby doctor. I am praying for your little one as he or she continues to grow strong inside you! I am also praying that you will start feeling better super soon. I miss you guys!
Hey Julie,
I'm so glad to hear things are going well...except for the nausea. I'm expecting also, about 8 weeks along. I'm really sick this time. It's been the all day thing and I'm just ready for a break of normalcy! Cravings...toaster strudles with Daniel, nothing so far this time...I don't want anything actually, but have to eat 24/7 to not get too sick. We miss you guys and Emma. Daniel broke his leg last week, but he's adjusting. We've got a pic of him on our new blog: paulanddeanamiller.blogspot.com
Take care!
Hey Julie - I'm so glad to hear everything's going well friend! I love checking your blog to see if you've updated :) With Haley I craved cheeseburgers and I was sick the first 6 months - remember how fun that was? haha. i was way less sick this time around (i think because it's a boy) and all i really craved at the beginning was coke icees. now i'll eat pretty much anything :)
Julie,
Hey..so glad things are going well!! Ok, I'm trying to remember, maybe it was with both kids...but usually I love chinese food, but when I was pregnant....NO WAY. I don't know why, I just didn't want it. I was never nauseas with either one (thank you Lord). Ok, so I think I new Laura and TJ were expecting...sounds like they're having a boy...do they have a blog???
Anyway, so glad you love your new doc!
Kelly
julz, we are so happy for you both! i like to think those morning sickness signs of evidences of a healthy baby growing!!! i just scanned through all your blogs (you have been updating well!!) and love the pictures of your beautiful girl. i am glad my name made it on a card!!! love you friend!
Post a Comment