Sunday, March 29, 2009

I'm 29 weeks along now....and feeling very pregnant!!  Sleep has been rough lately.  Indigestion & heartburn appear to be my new best friend (same as with my pregnancy with Emma).  This little guy is sooooooo incredibly active!!!  It NEVER gets old watching my belly move around or feeling him do acrobats in there!  Poor Brett...several times a day still, I keep grabbing his hand so that he feels too.  I absolutely love feeling him move....can't help but smile thinking about it!

Here's a couple pics of Emma and I taken this weekend.  














































And here's 3 pics of our little Emma:
  1. Making a "nice" play-doh monster.
  2. Getting some fun McDonald's playground time on a cold day.
  3. All dressed up, "playing Princess"  


























































And a few funny Emma stories:
  1. Last Thanksgiving, Nana (my mom) & Emma were playing outside with "tickle sticks" (a certain long & soft needle off a pine-type tree).  Well, apparently it's been a while since Emma has played with one...today she didn't remember exactly what her and Nana had called them.  She kept calling them "stickle ticks."
  2. For some reason, Emma has a hard time remembering how to say "cantaloupe."  They've been really yummy lately so we've had them around a lot the past week or so.  Whenever Emma wants some she says, "Mommy, can I eat some buffalo?"  (you can imagine how tricky that was to figure out the first time!! :O)
  3. Emma has become so very friendly to strangers (ie: people around us at the grocery store, servers at restaurants, etc.).  The slightest smile or wave from a stranger and she just takes off!!!  Her side of the conversation usually goes something like this: "I just got 'free' on my birfday (as she holds up 3 fingers).  I'm a big gurl now.  And we made a giant cookie wif lots of tangs on it.  I have a baby broder in my mommy's belly, but he is not ready to come out yet.  He is getting bigger and bigger and when he come out I will help him go down da slide and I will show him all da animals at da zoo and he can sit in my lap..." Depending on how friendly the stranger is this can go on & on & on, until either I stop her or the stranger ends it.  As we were leaving a restaurant recently, Emma waved at every single table between our table and the front door (about 10 or so tables).  It's been fun to watch!  Crazy how quickly kids can bring a smile to just about any stranger's face.

2 comments:

Nalley Family said...

Julz, I love the picture of your sweet belly and Emma!! How fun you guys got so much snow in March!
Miss you!!

Kelly said...

You are such a cute pregnant lady!! I'll be 20wks tomorrow...just starting to feel the baby move some, nothing huge yet. Can't wait for the acrobatics. It's just so fun! Our ultrasound is on Monday, so we'll see how that goes, not for sure yet if we're gonna find out the sex or not. I think we might : )
Kelly