LUKE ANDREW SPIVEY arrived on Tuesday, June 9th at 8:51 pm. He weighed exactly 8 pounds and was 20 inches long.
Here's a look at our day...
Once things got started, they went FAST!! At 2:00 that afternoon, we had a friend take some (very last minute) family pictures of Brett, Emma, and I. I had a couple of contractions during the pics, but nothing that clued us in as to how fast we'd be meeting little Luke. Emma and I were home by 3:00. Contractions were intense enough by 3:30 that I called Brett and asked him to come home. I decided that I wanted to do this epidural-free this time, so I wanted to labor at home for as long as possible. We left for the birth care center a little after 7:30. I was in a room at exactly 8:00 p.m. By this point I was 100% effaced and dilated to an 8. After about 20 minutes of pushing, Luke was born at 8:51!!! It all happened so fast!!
Luke is such a sweet little boy!! So far, he seems to be extremely laid-back....except when it comes to time to eat--then he means business!! Unlike Emma, he has had zero problems nursing. He eats about every 2- 3 hours and then sleeps most of the time in between. During his awake times, he is so content to just look around at everything. He has been such a joy!
Here's a few pics:
Brett, Luke, & I...taken about 20 or 30 minutes after meeting little Luke.
The proud daddy putting on Luke's first diaper.
The proud big sister, Emma, getting to meet Luke for the first time.
Notice the pink horse on the couch...about 3 weeks ago we took Emma to Build a Bear and let her pick something out as a present to open the day baby brother came. This is what she picked....and she hasn't let it out of her sight since she opened it that day!!
And here's our little Luke getting ready to head home from the hospital. Such a cutie!! :o) We are all so in love!! Emma too!! She truly is going to be a great big sister. Already she has been so helpful and eager to love on him. Of course, it's definitely been a big adjustment for her (and us too), but overall she really has done great so far!!
I'm doing my best to pull the camera out as often as possible. I'm certainly not the most consistent person when it comes to updating the blog, but I promise I'll keep trying!! For now, my time is pretty much consumed with caring for Luke, trying to be intentional in spending time with Emma & Brett, and catching up on sleep. My goal is to post pics & updates at least once or twice a month. We'll see!! :o)
Thank you all for your love and prayers for us!
12 comments:
He is absolutely precious!!!! Congratulations!!!!! I am in "wow" you did that with no epidural!!!!! WOW!!!!
Congratulations! He's such a cutie!
Such a cute little boy!! Can't wait for mine to get here too. Ok...you go girl!! No epidural, such a trooper. I'm so glad it all went so fast for you!! So did you go to a hospital or a birthing center? Did you have a doctor or a midwife? Just curious to all that stuff, I love birthing stories. Thanks so much for posting!
Kelly (only 10 wks left)
Oh Julz, I'm SO PROUD OF YOU GIRL!!! No epidural...girl! Seriously...and Little Luke is sooooooo cute! Actually he's beautiful (you can still say that about boys when they're babies!) :) I Love yall and am so happy for you! I sent little Lukie some goodies in the mail last week, hopefully you'll get them soon. Love you friend!!!
Julz,
I have been thinking about you and your growing family!! I am so proud of you and thrilled that he came so fast without any complications!! He is precious!! I can't wait to see more pictures!!
Love you!
Amanda
Very precious. Congratulations!
He is such a good-looking baby, Julie!!! I think he looks a lot like Emma... I'm going to try to call you soon. Love you :)
WOW! Julie, you're amazing. Emma looks like such a big girl, and Brett and Julie, you look like proud, happy parents of a precious little boy :-) I miss and love you guys!
Congrats! So happy things are going so well. :)
Hi Julie-
I found your blog through the Forman Fam and Miss Emma Joy has brought me joy everytime I read your blog! Luke is such a sweetie pea...you and your sweet family are so blessed to have such a sweet little boy!
Congratulations!
Sheridan
adorable!!! love the birth story!
Hi you guys!!! I am so happy for you!! Julie, I got your call and am so sorry I haven't called back! We were in Dallas at a soccer tournament, and it was too late to call back. Hope you are getting some of that sleep you mentioned in your blog! Luke is precious!!! Love you guys!!
Beth
Post a Comment