This will, by far, be the shortest blog in Spivey history, but I just had to share a bit of exciting news......Emma used the big girl potty for the first time just now!
She started telling us when she had a dirty diaper at 15 months, and for the last 2 months we've just been teaching her how to communicate with us about it, letting her read books about it, and getting her used to sitting on her little potty (clothes on). Well, today she told us she had to go, so we went into the bathroom and sat her down, and wha-la! She did it! It was so cool!!
Now, I know that this doesn't mean that she is potty trained, by any means. We hear this can be quite a long process, but nonetheless we're pumped to see light at the end of the tunnel.....hopefully soon, we'll be on our way to using the big girl potty full time! (And maybe have a little break from diapers in between Emma and baby #2.....no, we're not expecting.....I'm just saying it'll be nice to
have a little break from diapers!!)
Anyway, YEA for Emma!! This is pretty exciting stuff, you know!! :o)
She started telling us when she had a dirty diaper at 15 months, and for the last 2 months we've just been teaching her how to communicate with us about it, letting her read books about it, and getting her used to sitting on her little potty (clothes on). Well, today she told us she had to go, so we went into the bathroom and sat her down, and wha-la! She did it! It was so cool!!
Now, I know that this doesn't mean that she is potty trained, by any means. We hear this can be quite a long process, but nonetheless we're pumped to see light at the end of the tunnel.....hopefully soon, we'll be on our way to using the big girl potty full time! (And maybe have a little break from diapers in between Emma and baby #2.....no, we're not expecting.....I'm just saying it'll be nice to
have a little break from diapers!!)
Anyway, YEA for Emma!! This is pretty exciting stuff, you know!! :o)
2 comments:
Yeah for poop in the potty!! I just wanted to leave a comment with the word "poop." he he he. How mature am I? And even more exciting, yeah for and end to changing diapers for a while!
go big girl emma! i can't wait to hear all about her and what she's up to in a couple of days!!!
Post a Comment