Monday, September 17, 2007

Boston & New York!!

OK, so here's the deal: I've waited WAY too long to blog (again) and I have a buh-zillion pictures to share and things to tell (imagine that). I went through the pics on our camera and counted about 30 that I want to post, but I'd be here for hours if I tried to do that all at once (plus that's a lot for you all at once too). So I'm breaking it up over 4 separate posts (I WILL make time to post 4 times this week)

Here's a preview of what's to come :)
Today's post: Our trip to Boston & New York
Tomorrow: Misc. pics & hopefully one video clip of Emma dancing!
Wednesday: Our trip to South Padre with Emma and my parents
Thursday: an update on our move
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BOSTON
In mid-August, we had another opportunity to go to Boston through Brazos Meadows to visit our friends Jeremy & Chelsea. They moved to Boston a few months ago, believing that this is where God wants them. We had a great time with them and are so thankful for their friendship. Jeremy, Brett, and TJ camped out in the living room, while us girls got the bedroom...and we had lots of fun chatting the night away! We're so proud of how well they're doing in Boston. They've adjusted so good and are fitting right in (well, except for the strong Southern accents :) We were amazed by how many people stopped and asked Chelsea for directions....and she always knew how to help. They have learned the area so quickly. I'm impressed! Here's a few pictures:

Jeremy & Chelsea

Here's T.J. missing his sweet wife Laura. She stayed in Waco with their baby, Haley. We missed Laura and Haley lots! (We were up on top of Jeremy & Chelsea's apartment building).

A walk in the park...Here's the whole gang:
Brett, TJ, Chelsea, Jeremy (plus me, taking the pic.)


Brett & I with the Charles River behind us.

We also got to see our good friends Kristin and Andrew Stein, but the 2 pictures that I got with Kristin didn't turn out. I'll have to get some of her pictures and post them later. Kristin is such a great friend!! She is definitely one of those people in my life that no matter how long it's been since we've seen each other or talked, we can always pick up right where we left off. I was so encouraged by a talk we had while we were there, and I'm always so challenged (spiritually) by her. So grateful for your friendship Kristin!! :)

Isn't this an awesome picture?!?! Kinda makes you dizzy looking at it, huh? I don't remember exactly where in Boston we were when I took this, but I just looked up and thought WOW!!!!! From what I remember, we had just finished eating a late lunch in the Quincy Market area and were walking to an outdoor fruit market that Chelsea had found. We did A LOT of walking that day....it was GREAT!!

Brett & Jeremy with our luggage. We were walking to the T (subway). Brett and I took an Amtrak to New York for a few days after TJ went home.


NEW YORK, NEW YORK
This is one of those places that Brett and I both have always wanted to go, and with a $66 Amtrak ticket from Boston, we couldn't pass it up. We did all the "touristy" things you can think of....and about 10 times the walking we did in Boston. We loved it!!!!

The NY public library, where they filmed part of Ghostbusters! :)

This is the Brooklyn Bridge. We walked the whole thing....great view of the city! This was one of my favorite things we did in NY.

Here we are "at the top of the Rock" (Rockefeller Center). We were told this had just as good of a view as the Empire State Building, with no line to wait in. It was great!

NBC studios is in the Rockefeller Center. "The Office" is our favorite show right now, so Brett got a picture "with Michael Scott." This may sound odd, but we had so much fun at the NBC store looking at all "The Office" stuff. It was pretty cool to be in the place where so many shows are filmed.

The line to take the boat to Liberty Island was ridiculously long, so we were content to just see it from the shoreline.

Okay, so maybe we did get to see the Statue close up! haha


I LOVE pictures of old doors & gates, for some reason. I have pictures of random doors/gates from nearly every place I've ever visited. I also love sunrises and sunsets (I have a whole photo album full of sunrise/sunset pictures that I've taken over the years). Sunrises and sunsets remind me of the scripture that says "From the rising of the sun to its setting, the name of the Lord will be praised" (Psalm 113:3) One day, I'd love to start a "doors photo album." There are sooooo many references to doors and gates in the Bible that I really like.
A couple that come to mind are:

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me." Rev. 3:20
and
"...knock and it shall be opened unto you..." Luke 11.9
and
"I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture." John 10:9

Note: all 3 of those scriptures are Jesus' words.

No real reason for this clock picture....I just thought it was pretty cool looking. :) We saw so many beautiful buildings and architecture in Boston and New York both. Great cities! We're so thankful for the opportunity to visit them! Both cities are so rich in history and full of people from different cultures. We loved that part!

This was taken at my parent's house in SA right before I dropped Emma off (she did not go with us on this trip). We missed her tons! Before this trip, I had only been away from her for 1 night at a time since she was born (on many different occasions, though) , so 8 nights in a row was a pretty huge deal for me!! Both sets of grandparents did great with her....I know they really enjoyed all the time they had with her. And Brett and I had a great time hanging out together, just the 2 of us. What a blessing to be able to spend so much time together! I have the best husband in the world!! :o)


Check back tomorrow!! I will drop Emma off at Parent's Day Out from 9-2 and I don't have too many other things to do, so I will definitely have some time to blog. :o)

No comments: