- Emma is still doing GREAT with the whole potty training thing! She wets her pull-up occasionally at night, and every once in a while she has an accident during the day if we don't hurry to the potty. But overall, she's a pro at it now! YEA!!! It's so nice to have a break from diapers....at least for a little while!! :o)
- O-week has come and gone. This is one of the most important events that the organization that Brett works for does. The focus of the week is to prepare students (spiritually, emotionally, culturally, etc) to go "to the ends of the earth" for summer projects. There were 145 students this year and about 100 volunteers. Brett's job: to organize the meals for all 245 people throughout the week, among other things. My job: I was the "snack-guru" for the week. I ran to Wal-mart and/or Sam's each day to keep the 2 volunteer snack rooms stocked with yummy snacks for everyone, as well as plan a snack each night for all the students. We both had a great week, but it was pretty exhausting.
- Emma spent all of o-week (plus an extra day on the front & back end) with both sets of grandparents in Texas (they traded off mid-week). She had a blast! We are so thankful that she was able to spend all that time with Grammie, Poppie, Nana, Pawpaw, and Aunt Carrie. Unfortunately, Emma was sick before, during, and after her trip to TX, with 2 different things. She's finally all better now, but it was kinda a bummer that she wasn't feeling 100% during the relatively short time that she got to see our family. We're hoping we'll get to make a trip to TX again real soon!! :o)
- Brett celebrated his 35th birthday this past weekend!! I think I kinda embarrassed him on Friday by bringing a bunch of balloons to his office. Each balloon had a note (words to unscramble) that told the "plan" or activity that we'd do next. I tried to make his birthday celebration last all weekend long b/c for some reason my birthday celebration always ends up being several weeks long (mainly b/c Emma and I's birthdays are so close together so we usually see family around that time). Anyway, we had a fun weekend together and I think Brett had a good birthday.
- Summer is definitely here in Kansas! Today felt miserably hot....I think it was only in the low 90s, but it sure felt hotter than that with the humidity. Back in TX, I'm sure low 90s sound good. From what we hear, Wichita gets just as hot as Waco in the Summer, it's just that the Summer doesn't last as long (ie: it's June already, and we're just now having hot days). Along with the Summer weather, a new & different Summer schedule has started too. I have a break until the Fall from doing the childcare on Wednesday mornings for a women's small group. My small group is meeting at night over the summer (w/out kids) instead of Thursday mornings (w/kids). My friend Lesli invited Emma and I to join a "mom's day out" group every Tuesday....basically, we watch all the kids once a month and then we have the other 3 Tuesdays to run errands, clean house, etc. That's been awesome!!! (except that we've only made it to 2 of them since we've been out of town some and Emma was sick). Another thing that always seems to come along with Summer is busy weekends.....out of the 13 weekends left, we have plans 8 of those weekends already (many are work-related and most of those weekends are out of town, which means lots of traveling...ugh!!)
- We have a garden! (thanks to Brett's mom & dad...They basically did it all for us on their last visit...and Brett has done all the work on/in it since). Are you ready for this??? Out in our back yard, we have: lettuce (3 kinds), green onions, tomatoes, squash, zucchini, red & yellow bell peppers, garlic, cucumbers, asparagus, parsley, oregano, thyme, cilantro, dill & jalapeƱos. Also, we have 2 pear trees that look like they are actually producing fruit & a grape vine covering our back patio that seems to be making grapes as well (these were already there from the previous owners). Cool huh?!!?! We're pretty excited!!
Did you get that?
"Mommy, a baby in da' belly."
Woohoo!! We're so grateful and excited!!!!! I'm about 9 weeks or so. Due date is January 5th. I've been dying to blog about this for weeks now, but we wanted to wait until we were able to share the news with family first. Then we decided to wait a few more days until I went to my first doctor's appt. So, anyways, that's our big news!! :o) Emma is going to be a big sister.....and she has no idea what that means, but she's pretty excited!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'll end with a few pics of our little cutie!!
Once again, here's the face she makes when I say, "Emma, SMILE!!" I may end up with an entire album of just these type pictures!!!
10 comments:
i'm smiling! i KNEW IT with the tone of your voicemail! congratulations on the baby in your belly!!! your garden sounds great! i am so jealous! i want to talk asap! can't wait to see you!
Julie..YEAH, congratulations. I knew when you said you had a break from diapers for a little bit and then added a smiley face!! So then i had to scroll down to look and see if you said anything about it! I'm so excited for yall...are you feeling ok?? E-mail sometime with details, you know I love to know everything. Talk to you soon.
Kelly McCarver
PS...did you know we moved to Kenedy, Tx. Jeremy is the youth minister here at FBC. It is south of San Antonio 1hr. We've been here about 3 weeks. Check out our blog for more details.
jkhcmccarver.blogspot.com
WOOO HOOOO!!! We're so excited for you guys!!! Bring on the babies :o). Enjoyed the update too!
Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you. School ended last Friday, May 30th and now 2 whole months off and a little of August. Miss you bunches and can't believe how big Emma Joy is getting. Take care of yourself.
Love, Jennifer
PS: Thanks for the birthday card. :)
Wow! Congratulations, Spivey family! I'm so happy for you guys.
Congratulations Spiveys!
Congrats guys! Emma will be a great big sister!
Congratulations Julz! Life with two adds even more excitement and fun to the house!
That asparagus is making me hungry!!
Of course we're delighted that we live down the block, so none of this is new news... it's so fun to be a part of your lives!
Julz I am so excited for you guys! Another baby is so exciting. Your garden sounds amazing. I wish I could grow all those things, but it sounds like lots of work in the hot Houston sun!!
Post a Comment