FUN &/or FUNny Emma Moments:
- Such a thoughtful child..."Dis is for da fly" as she often puts food beside her plate to share with any poor fly in the area who might be brave enough to land on the table...
- "Stop moving"....I caught her trying to balance a Lego on her head one day, then telling HERSELF to stop moving whenever it would fall off.
- "Ta-Da"...not sure where she learned this, but she now says "ta-da" after she cleans up her toys and/or finishes her meal.
- "Don't do dat!"....this one is even scarier than the "stop moving"...Several times now, she appears to be having a "disagreement" between her left hand and her right hand. One hand tries to take something, and the other hand grabs it back and she tells herself "Don't do dat!" Hmmm.....all you psychology friends out there...should we be worried?!?! :o)
- Night-time procrastination...On nights when she apparently isn't quite ready to go to sleep yet, she entertains herself with all kinds of fun activities: Taking off her PJs and attempting to put them back on (usually either backwards, inside-out, or occasionally not at all); Taking her pillow case off (and trying to put it back on-usually unsuccessfully); Starting at one corner and rolling her area rug up, etc. On nights like these, she is very quiet....we almost always (naively) make a comment like "Wow, she hasn't made a peep tonight...must have been super tired!" Yea! Right!! It's only when we check on her before we head to bed that we discover just how busy she has been!!
- Nutritious? Nope!...Apparently, from a very young age, the only thing I ever wanted to eat were bean and cheese tacos. My parents eventually "gave in" b/c I simply wouldn't eat much else. So Emma's food of choice: pancakes and waffles. Really and truly, she would eat them breakfast, lunch, and dinner every single day if we would let her. Of course, we're trying hard to "make her" branch out a bit, but sometimes unsuccessfully. Whenever I start to worry about the nutrition side of things, I just try to remind myself about all my bean and cheese tacos. SURELY the high sugar content in syrup and waffles is a little better for your body than all the lard in tortillas and beans, right?!?! UGH!!!
- Grammar 101: Emma is a little confused with her pronouns (fairly normal for her age). She used to say "you" for pretty much everything. (ie: "Mommy hold you?" for Can you hold me Mommy?) Now she seems to be saying "my" for lots of things (ie: "My fall down" instead of "I fell down"). It's quite embarassing when she gets the "he, she, him, her" thing confused. Several times now, she has said the wrong pronoun when talking to/about a stranger. (ie: "What is he doing?" talking about a woman or visa versa). I usually just repeat her question using the correct pronoun and then try to give a friendly smile as I tell Emma to wave to him/her. It's been a little embarrassing/akward at times.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mommy: "Emma, what is the little girl doing?"
(notice the Lego that the little girl is sitting in)
Emma: "Girl is going potty"
(notice the Lego that the little girl is sitting in)
Emma: "Girl is going potty"
POTTY SUCCESS!! Nope, not much around. :o(
Those 3 weeks that we spent in TX earlier this Summer pretty much put a stop to all potty success around here. Emma spent most of those 3 weeks wearing pull-ups because we were doing so much driving around and busy seeing friends and family. (At her age, it's normal to wait until the last minute to tell you they need to go, so there better be a potty nearby....Thus, she wore pull-ups all the time b/c we never knew when we would be near a potty.) Anyway, before we left for TX, she was wearing "big girl panties" all day long on most days, except when she slept. Now, when you put a pull-up and "big girl panties" in front of her, 9 times out of 10, she chooses the pull-up. :o( I'm pretty disappointed, but I'm still trying not to push her too much. I have another "potty-plan" that I'm implementing very soon, so hopefully we'll be back on track before the Summer's end.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In case you haven't heard....
Many of you know that I've been "brainstorming" ideas for years about something that I can do from home to earn a little extra income. I have finally come up with something that I am super excited about doing and it will enable me to continue staying at home with Emma, which I believe is so important. Hopefully my new, fun business will be up and running by October sometime. So here it is...
Nuts About Notes
Trendy, Personalized Paper
From scratch, I will be designing, printing, cutting, mailing, etc. personalized stationery (notes in acrylic boxes, cards & envelopes, notepads, luggage & diaper bag tags, invitations, announcements, etc). It will be primarily an online business, although at some point I may consider selling my products in local retail stores. I already own the domain name, but my website is not finished yet...it is currently being worked on and will be ready by October...just in time for Christmas, so be sure to check out my website soon for fun gift ideas!! :O)
www.nutsaboutnotes.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing. Little kids are so funny in the things that they do. You capture and put it into words well : ) I'll check out your website...how exciting!!
Kelly McCarver
How funny. Kids are great. I hope you all are doing well. I miss you guys. I'm sorry we didn't get to see you when you were down. It's amazing how big Emma is getting. Julie, she looks just like you. It awesome. Your business idea is great. I'll check out your website. I'm always in need of cute stationary :) Take care.
Keri Mitchell
Post a Comment