Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Not too much new around here...
  • I just celebrated my 29th birthday this past Saturday. It was fun to have my parents here for the weekend with us. Thank you all for the cards, emails, facebook messages, calls, etc. It was a great birthday! Can't believe I'm nearly 30!! :o)
  • Emma will be turning 3 on March 2nd. I'm still trying to decide if we will have a little birthday party for her. It's crazy how fast these past 3 years have gone by!!!!
  • My stationery business is going okay...a little slow in comparison with Christmas, but it's given me time to get my printer problem fixed with HP (what a mess that was!!) The website is getting closer and closer to being finished. Actually, it's me causing the hold-up right now...hoping to have time to work on something while Emma is at mom's day out this Friday. Keep checking....www.NutsAboutNotes.com
  • My belly continues to get bigger, as Emma so kindly points out. :o) We're still trying to decide on a name...for now, we're calling him "Thumper" (from Bambi because...well, the name probably says it all). He seems to be constantly moving and kicking, which I absolutely LOVE!!

Here's a couple pics of "Thumper's" outfit that you watched Emma unwrap in the previous post (and the note that the sonogram technician wrote "it's a boy"). For a day or so, the outfit laid on our kitchen table and every time I walked past it, it made me smile so I decided to hang it up. I love walking into our living room and seeing it each day...still brings a smile to my face!! I am so excited (& ready!!!)




Here's our big girl!! We finally have had some slightly warmer weather so we took advantage of it and went to the park with some friends. I'm sooooooooo ready to be done with winter...honestly, I think the change in seasons will be good for my moods (does winter make anyone else a bit depressed?)



Just a random rainbow picture. I was amazed at how vivid the colors were the other day after a storm. I think it might have been the first time for Emma to truly see a rainbow in the sky (we've tried pointing them out in the sky before, but usually their not quite this easy to see).



And as usual, here's a few Emma quotes & stories:
  • "I have a baby brother in my mommy's tummy."
  • She put a bracelet on Brett's wrist, took a step back to look at it, and said "that's awesome!" (When we asked her where she heard this, she said "mommy says it." Hmmm....apparently I haven't outgrown my 7th grade vocabulary).
  • "It's not beautiful yet. I have to make it beautiful" (as she made sure each piece of cereal was completely covered with milk). When I tried to feed her a bite, she told me "Mommy, that doesn't have beautiful." She is so random and strange sometimes....it's kinda scary! :o)
  • Emma's bedtime routine includes reading a bible story each night. After we read the bible, we set it in the hallway b/c we're trying to "preserve" the book (specifically, keep the pages from tearing). Anyway, our friend, Melody, who was watching Emma for us one night accidently forgot to set the bible in the hallway before she left the room. Emma is super clean and definetly likes structure, organization, routines, etc (wonder where she gets that from?) When Melody came back to check on her a little later, she noticed that Emma had set the bible out in the hallway!!! We were cracking up!!! She is sooooo much like me-it's not even funny!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other news, we are trying to sell our SUV. I know this isn't a typical thing to blog about, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to get the word out some more. If you are interested or know someone else who might be interested, please email or call us. We have lots more pics and would be glad to give you more information on it.

2005 Mercury Mariner

  • we bought it new in Dec '05 (one owner)
  • 2WD Luxury V6
  • milage: 48,000
  • exterior color-silver; interior-black leather
  • Michelin Cross Terrain SUV P235/70R16 tires rated at 65,000 miles with only 17,000 on them now.  They look and ride brand new.






3 comments:

Deana said...

Happy late birthday! Hope you and "Thumper" keep doing great. We miss ya'll lots!

Kelly said...

Glad things are going well for yall! I'm ready to feel my baby move around too. I'm just 14wks, so I still have a little ways to go, but hopefully soon.

So are yall getting a new car? Or what are yall doing. What vehicles do yall have now. We actually traded in our excape and got a suburban...I know it's huge, but we love the space, and with 3 kiddos...we will pack it out I'm sure. We also still have Jeremy's little saturn that we will drive until it falls to pieces...so far so good. It's 10yrs old, but runs like a champ!

Kristin said...

i LOVE how much she's modeling you!