Friday, March 06, 2009

Emma's 3rd Birthday

I've been wanting to blog for days.....I finally found the time (& energy) to do it!!

We celebrated Emma's 3rd birthday this past Monday, March 2nd. We decided not to have a party this year, but tried extra hard to make it a super special day for her. We had fun!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bed-head & all...here's what she woke up to...

After opening presents, she ate pancakes (a favorite)...using her new place-mat, plate, and fork/spoon set that my Aunt Leslie & Uncle Jack got for her.
Then a birthday bath...she wanted to do this, I promise! She was in there for nearly an hour!!
Then we played with some of our new presents...
Here, she is showing off a little hummingbird that Aunt Mary sent for her. She loves it!
Emma had fun helping ice and decorate her birthday cake ("fruit pizza"- a giant sugar cookie with icing & all her favorite fruits).
and of course....
Putting on the finishing touches...
So very proud of herself...
For the middle part of day, we mostly stayed around the house & played with her new toys. Instead of napping, she watched Mary Poppins (her new favorite movie). We spent a chunk of time at McDonald's Play Place...it was too cold to go to the park, which is what she had asked to do. Later that night after dinner, we took her to Chucky Cheese to play for a while. She loves that place. I usually spend $2-3 dollars on tokens each time we go & she has a blast. It's another great indoors activity I've discovered for cold days.


After a long day of fun, she crashed early!!

I still can't believe my baby girl turned 3!! Her birthday was such a special day for me too....Being pregnant on her birthday really made me think back to the day I had her & what a special day it was for us.... knowing that I'll be doing this all over again very soon with little baby boy Spivey...it's exciting & super special!!

Just a fun little side-note:
Emma & I's birthdays are almost exactly 2 weeks apart.
If baby boy comes on his due date, then him & Brett's birthdays will be 2 weeks apart.
Kinda fun, huh? :O) At least I thought so...


1 comment:

Nalley Family said...

What a fun day for Emma!!