I realize that I haven't blogged in F-O-R-E-V-E-R & that for me to try to share all of this that I have written down these past 6 weeks or so would be an absolutely ridiculously long post, so I'm just gonna hit a few highlights. Still, this is probably going to be a doozie!! :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HaHa!! Can you tell by the way she is dressed how long this pic has been on my camera?!? Let's see....the weather here in KS lately has been in the single digits &/or teens lately (with a negative wind chill).....so it's been quite some time since this pic was taken! :)
Baking cookies! (Wearing her favorite apron made by our friend, Lauren).
I know I shouldn't do this, but I really, REALLY wanted to share this pic of Luke (lame, I know... a picture of his picture! oh well!) This was his his 6 month picture. He's such a handsome boy!! :)
Riding horses with Uncle Sloan (& Aunt Carrie).
Yummy! TOES!!
love it when babies sleep with their bottoms up in the air!!
Luke is sooooo ACTIVE!! He is loving the "jump'a'roo" (and so are we!) Brett and I joke that sometimes trying to hold him is like engaging in a wrestling match...it can be exhausting! He wiggles nonstop!!
I'm really proud of her....you can't tell from the picture, but some of these cards are just a large white shape that you have to figure out which combination of blocks to use to make the shape. She is a pro at these!
My sweet little boy!
Can you tell she enjoys having her picture taken? That white shirt says, "sparkle & shine"--perfect little phrase for our girly girl!! :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A QUICK UPDATE ON EMMA & LUKE:
* Emma will be turning 4 in March. Yes, she's already talking about her birthday (mostly her cake, actually). She loves being a big sister, & for the most part is very helpful with Luke. She's really into princesses right now, enjoys watching TV a little more than I'd like for her to, and is a little social butterfly among other kids (calls ALL other children her "friends" whether she knows them or not...ie: "Mommy, can I go play with my friends at the park?") She tends to be fairly shy (at first) around adults, but once she gets to talking it's hard to make her stop. :) She is very articulate and has a pretty good sized vocabulary for her age. She has been done with afternoon naps now for quite some time, but has been pretty good about staying in her room and playing during "rest time" each afternoon (while Mommy naps or gets things done). She goes to a mom's day out once a week & cannot wait to start school like her "BIG friends, Hannah & Hudson."
*Luke is now 7 months old. He is crawling, pulling to a standing position, and occasionally takes a few steps along his crib ("cruises"). He's not too much of a "talker" at this point...just the basic cooing and stuff (Sissy doesn't give him much of a chance to get a word in.) :) All you have to do to get this boy to smile is talk to him. He is very happy! Nobody gets his giggle-box going, though, like his big sister. He absolutely adores her & won't take his eyes off of her when she's around. Like I mentioned earlier, he is a mover and a shaker. He's always busy, busy!! (especially now that he's crawling). Based on his "I'm not going to give up" attitude at night when it comes to "crying it out," we are thinking that this is one strong-willed little child. We're all still a bit sleep-deprived around here, but we're sure that he's gonna catch on any day now! :) He is such a blessing to our family!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I can't end without sharing a few Emma quotes...
** "I have to hold my taco right here b/c if I hold it there, I might bite my finger off."
** "Mommy, when I grow up, can I use the broom all by myself and sweep the kitchen all the days?"
** (in car) "Mommy, we need to hurry home b/c I need a tissue. My boogies are slipping out."
** (after finishing her snack) "I'm full of it!"
** "Hey Mary, look! My tongue is a good cleaner!"
** "Mommy, adults don't wear bibs. I wish little kids were not messy."
** "Look! I have a beard -- with sauce."
** "Baby Luke Andrew doesn't like [big] people food and I don't like mustard."
** "Look Mommy! There's a big cross on that building. Maybe that's where Jesus died."
** "When I ate too much chapstick the other day, my belly hurted."
** [Brett asked her what she would like to give to Jesus for his birthday]. "Raisins. Or maybe nuts. Or maybe Jesus can get some candy at trick or treating."
** [in a sing-songy kind of voice, she made up the words to this song as she went...] "I looooove myyyy bruuuuther Luuuuuke Andrew and my Tinkerbell doll. Tinkerbell can flyyyyyy. Blast off!! [throws doll across room]. (I was laughing too much at this point, and missed the rest of the words to the song).
** [Emma was reading a farm book to Luke. Each page had one word like 'tractor' or 'cow']. Emma reads, "Once upon a time there was a tractor. Once upon a time there was a cow. Once upon a time...."
No comments:
Post a Comment