This may be kinda weird to blog about, but I figured I have to tell everyone somehow...and it's just easier to type it than to talk about it.... We found out this afternoon that I had a miscarriage. It's been a really difficult day. So much to take in.
I hope this doesn't come across rude, but please don't feel like you need to leave a comment or call us...especially right now because, honestly, I'd really rather not talk about it. I may feel differently about it in a few days/weeks (and possibly even need to talk about it to help with the grieving process), but for now, it's just too hard to talk about.
I WOULD, however, like to ask for your prayers for something specific. It's Thursday right now. By Monday, if I have not "passed" everything naturally, then my doctor said we'll need to schedule a D&C for next week (which is a procedure that removes remaining embryonic or placental tissue, etc). I would much rather my body take care of this naturally. There's some pretty scary risks and possible complications for future pregnancies that come along with a D&C procedure.
Ultimately, we're resting in the knowledge that God is good and He loves us and He knows best. He has been so faithful already to pour out His love, peace, and comfort on us through all of this. We're trusting Him and depending on Him completely for our strength to get through this. Again, I would ask that if the Lord brings us to mind this weekend, please pray that I would pass everything within the next couple days on my own so that I don't have to have this procedure next week.
We're really grateful for your love and prayers (now and always)!!
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love you and am praying for you, especially this wkend!
we know right where you are. praying for you and what a privilege to do so.
Julz, love you and praying for you.
Post a Comment