Friday, January 09, 2009

www.nutsaboutnotes.com
My business website is still under construction. The link on the website takes you to this blog. If you are here to see my stationery products, you will need to scroll down a few posts to see the complete collection, prices, and how to order. Sorry for any inconvenience. I hope to have the website up real soon!




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've got a few minutes so I'm going to try to post an update real fast. Oh, but I have sooooooooo much I'd like to share since last time (again, it's been so long!) Sorry!

First, some pics:

Here are 2 of the family pics we took before Christmas (the 2nd one was on our Christmas card).


And another one from our Christmas card....

It's crazy to even say this, but this sonogram pic was from 5 weeks ago!! I'm 18 weeks now and baby is moving like crazy!! It's such an awesome feeling! I remember that feeling Emma move around was my absolute FAVORITE thing about being pregnant! And still is!! :O) I've made it thus far (& thru the holidays) with only gaining about 5 pounds....Woohoo!!!! However, my belly is already quite large. Even though, I'm about 4.5 months right now, I look the same as I did with Emma at 5.5 or 6 months!!! Yikes! I hear that it's normal to show sooner with your second, and that I'll soon "plateau-out" a bit. Let's hope so! We WILL be finding out what we are having next Wednesday, but we will be keeping it a "secret" until we're able to share it with family first. :o) Side note: we keep catching ourselves calling "it" a HIM. Hmmmm......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't take too many pics over the holidays, but here is one that I managed to grab the camera for. Em has her head STUCK between 2 rails of Meme's couch! It took several minutes to get her un-stuck, but at least she (and we) were able to have a sense of humor about it all. Daddy to the rescue....



Whenever we tell Emma that we are going to see Aunt Carrie and Uncle Sloan, she knows that means seeing animals...dogs, cats, cows, horses, etc. She especially loves to feed the horses carrots and take a little ride on Doc (with the help of Uncle Sloan & Daddy, of course).






Check out this proud little girl of her "big girl bed." Last year (Dec 07) she moved up to a toddler bed (her crib without the front rail). Then about 6 months ago she "lost" that "big girl bed" and "down-graded" to a twin matress on the floor because we couldn't keep the little monkey from climbing and jumping off the side rails. So for the past 6 months or so, she has slept on a twin matress on the floor. She was quite excited to get a REAL big girl bed....we've had NO problems with jumping or climbing...yet! She hasn't even fallen out of bed, which kinda surprised us. And she now has toys in her room again AND sleeps with her door open....she REALLY IS a big girl!! She'll be turning 3 on March 2nd. Her and her new little sibbling will be 3 years & 3 months apart (assuming baby actually comes in June, as "scheduled").




And last, but not least....
A FEW FAVORITE EMMA QUOTES:


* "My sad is coming out" (one day when she was crying...she now calls them tears)

* "Hey is for horses!
No, hey is for daddies!" (have no idea what she means by this....she just started saying it one day, and we responded by laughing, therefore, she continues to repeat it!)

* "Mommy/Daddy, can you say 'not yet?' " (This is something she INSISTS that WE say to her instead of "no," or "maybe" or "not right now." We have no idea why or what that means....we've tried to explain that we mean the same thing, but she simply is not satisfied and will not "drop it" until we give in and just say "okay Emma, NOT YET!"

* LOTS OF SUPER OBVIOUS QUESTIONS, for example... "Mommy, are you Mommy?" or "Daddy, are you Daddy?" or "Mommy, did I wake up?" or "Daddy, is this our house?" or "Mommy, are you Julie?" Once again, we don't get it! We have no clue why she asks these same questions over and over again. If you turn the questions back on her, she knows exactly how to answer them, so we can't figure out why she keeps asking. Even though it confuses us a bit, it is still super cute!! :o)

* On the way over to a friend's house who had just recently graduated with his MBA, we were trying to teach Emma to say "Congratulations!" That's a big word for little ones, you know. Well, instead of "congratulations" she walked right up to our friend and said, "Apologize!" Of course he was a bit confused and kept saying "what?" And she would repeat "apologize." She was NOT saying it in a rude way at all....somehow those 2 "big words" got a little confused in her little mind. We got it all cleared up and she finally said it to him (correctly). It comes out something like this: "ra*la*lay*tions." He laughed, completely understanding what had happened (he has 3 kids of his own). After the initial shock of thinking she was being rude, Brett & I found it quite funny. Oops!

* I might have shared this before, but there's been so many recent occurrences lately that I have to share it again.....Emma's prayers are SO SWEET!!! You never know who or what she'll pray for or about.....she almost always lists off several friends or family members, she prays for her ouchies & her toys, for random animals or pets, for our food, for Jesus to make somebody "all better", etc. Many of the things she names during prayer times are for REALLY, REALLY old things (like ouchies that have been gone for months or friends that used to be sick, but have been better now for several weeks). One of my favorite things about when she prays is the face she makes....it's hard to explain, but she scrunches her eyes all up...mostly closed, but still kinda open so she can look around for things to pray for. It brings such joy to our hearts to listen to her pray....and I can't help but think that it brings joy to Jesus as well. What an amazing blessing Emma is in our lives!!! Children truly are a gift from above!!



3 comments:

Nalley Family said...

Julz,
Thanks for the baby and Emma update! Emma is precious. I miss you guys!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! My co-workers heard me laughing at all the stuff Emma has said and came running in to see what was so funny! They laughed too and we had a good time discussing how fun kids are. Thanks for the Emma quotes!

Brett, Julz, and Emma said...

the story on the "hey is for horses." comment: When I was younger I was always saying this and my dad was always trying to correct me (note: I wasn't near as smart as Emma appears to be!) I would apologize and move on. However, whenever I try to correct Emma she responds by stating what she believes to be true in her world. That "hey's" truly are to be spoken to Daddy! Stinker!