Last night, Emma was coughing a bit as she was sleeping so I went in her room to give her some cough syrup. Before I left, I knelt beside her bed and whispered a prayer for her...that Jesus would help her get some rest, get better quickly, etc. As I was walking out, I heard Emma say something to me, so I knelt back down beside her and asked, "What did you say, Emma?" With her eyes closed she repeated, "Jesus is alive!" I smiled and thought, "Hmmm...that's really sweet--thank you, Jesus!" Then I went back in our room and fell asleep.
Then this morning, Brett was telling me about a dream he had last night. He was teaching a bible study on the resurrection. Him and some others in his dream were discussing the idea of how Jesus is alive, yet He's not physically here with us. The last thing he remembers saying in his dream was "Jesus is alive!"
And the coolest thing is that I didn't tell Brett about what Emma said to me until this morning. It's been an awesome day so far! My mind can't stop thinking about what happened and my heart feels so full as I think about why this happened and what this truly means for us as believers...Jesus is alive! I feel overwhelmed sometimes thinking about how much God loves His people and so humbled by the fact that He is actively pursuing each one of us. I am grateful! Jesus is alive!!
3 comments:
Thanks for sharing that, Julie! I love the pics of your happy boy, too. Luke is precious!
AMEN!! Jesus is so alive, and this story proves it! Thanks for sharing! Thank you, too, for your card and picture of the sweet babies! Did you get my card?? Love you, Julie!!
That's really cool.
Post a Comment