Thursday, September 20, 2007

Do you ever just feel BLAH? That's me right now! I've never really used our blog to just "think aloud" but I'm in one of those moods right now. Not only do I feel blah, but I feel sad and discouraged....but I don't know why. I know what you're thinking....no, it's NOT that time of the month! :o) BLAH is the only word that keeps coming to mind.

I have had so much on my mind lately:
  • moving, cleaning, packing
  • headaches, not feeling like doing anything because of my constant headaches, just going to sleep
  • friends, high-school and college friends that I wish I hadn't lost contact with, long-distance friendships, not feeling like I have any friends, anxious about starting all over in Wichita and having to make new friends
  • books that I haven't finished, books that I'd like to be reading
  • Emma and Haley at PDO right now. Why am I not doing laundry, dishes, errands?
  • exercise, eating right, feeling lazy, giving up on the whole idea of losing weight & getting back into shape
  • babies, future, the unknown
  • job, finances
  • the weekend, church work day, SS lesson
As I typed that list, I realized more and more how anxious I am right now, and, of course, Philippians 4:6 keeps coming to mind as I recognize my anxiety. So much of these things are completely out of my control and I know I just need to pray about them and hand them over to the King, but I'm just really struggling right now to even be able to sit and spend time with Him. My mind just won't stop. When I sit to read the Word or pray about these things, I get so distracted and my mind takes me in all different directions and then I get frustrated. I find it easier to pray for others right now. I've heard people say that before, and now somehow that is where I am.

I just feel BLAH!! Have I said that already?

I don't even know how to end this post.

I guess I'm going to go try to get something done.....or maybe just try to sleep off my headache or something. I'll try to post again later today when I don't feel quite so blah. Thanks for listening to my rambles. I haven't a clue if anyone even reads this anymore besides Kristin, Kirsten, Laura, and maybe Sharee. I know you guys all know me and won't think I'm a nut for saying all this! :o)

Bye for now!

7 comments:

lccwhiteness said...

i love you Julie! you're not a nut - we understand how you feel :)

Anonymous said...

hello? I read too!

Kristin and Andrew said...

i think we all have those days/weeks (or longer???)...i know i have! thanks for your honesty. i love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie! I read your blog, too! We all have these days. Focus on one thing at a time; repeat one verse in your mind at a time. You are just overwelmed right now. I like this verse when I get where you are: "Cease striving, and know that I am God". Psalm 46:10 Hey, you taught me that verse, silly! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie. I check your blog to keep up with you.
Hang in there. :)
Michelle Linnenkugel

The Cochran Fam said...

Hey Julie. You are not alone. We all have those "blah" days. By the way, I read your blog too! I enjoy reading your updates and seeing Emma's pictures. -Jenn

Anonymous said...

See, Julie -- look how popular you are! I love you too, and totally understand how you feel.